Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Happy New Year!

Hi everyone!  Happy New Year!  I know, at least for me, this is definitely a time of resolutions... but most of the time, I forget about them, or I give up on them pretty quickly.  I have a feeling that most of you reading have felt or done the same thing...
So, in coming with the New Year, Crystal's Crumbles is going to have a new viewpoint.  You all know about my weight loss story and, well, there's endlessly more to the story...
I've gained a bit of weight since starting to bake;  everything I eat goes straight to where it used to be.  My family has also gained weight, some knowingly, and some completely obliviously.
This cycle must end...  Most of the foods I'm baking are doing absolutely no good for anyone around me.  I bake to make people smile and to make them happy, but I must change the nutrients they're made of, for the better, or no good will come out of it.
Good food is not found at the bottom of a potato chip bag.  Good food is found on the chopping block.  Fresh foods with healthful nutrients, or sneaky foods with ways of getting your calorie, "bang for your buck".
Food that is deemed "healthy" is actually the best food I have ever eaten in my life.
Have you ever tasted the heaven of natural peanut butter on carrots?  Peanut butter on celery stalks?  Apple butter on bell pepper slices?  Broccoli florets with Parmesan cheese?  Spaghetti squash?  Oohhh, what about butternut squash??  Fiber-filled good-for-you cereal?
I never dreamed I'd eat half of those things two years ago, but now, you'd see that I am in love with my veggies...
I'd like to share this love with you...
Some of the simple things are the most lovely in the world.
Let's do that this year.  Together.  Healthy food, done the indulgent way.
Love, Crystal
Let's go back to where we were at our healthiest points.

No comments:

Post a Comment