Thursday, December 19, 2013

Tips to Making Yeast Breads

Hi everyone!  No recipe tonight, but I wanted to do pretty much what I did yesterday.  My forte is cookies, but I have tried making breads so far (and I'm still trying to improve :) ).  Yet to come is cakes and other tarts and pastries.  Also, croissants.
Yeast Bread Tips:
1.  Get the water to the right temperature (usually very hot), then put in the yeast.
2.  Let the yeast sit in the water for a while!  Once, I did it for 10 minutes and it was not enough-- let it sit.
3.  Once done with the dough, put in greased bowl for a long while (usually at least 2 hours).
4.  Make sure when the dough is expanding, put it in a warm place.  Yeast reacts with a bit of heat.
5.  Be sure to punch in the dough once it comes to the size you want it to be.  This means to fold in the edges of the dough to the center.
6.  Roll out the dough, if needed and don't give up.  The dough naturally contracts, so keep rolling.
7.  Watch the bread in the oven!  Try not to burn it!

Enjoy and bake! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment