Friday, December 20, 2013

Family Traditions/Recipes

Hi everyone!  A few new recipes are going to come out very soon!  I promise-- winter breaks starts tomorrow, and that means I bake, bake , bake (hopefully). :)  One thing I wanted to highlight today is the presence of foods in family.
I know in my family, there are some foods that are passed through the generations and when you ask what the recipe is, at least my dad says, "I don't know.  I just know it.  It changes every time I make it."
Some family recipes definitely have something to do with heritage, and I love that.
Some recipes my family has from long ago are:  mirro josie cookies, candy cane cookies, almond "log" cookies (to come!), goulash, apple strudel (to come! big one!), Whirly Twirls (chocolate and vanilla pinwheel cookies)... and many more I don't know about, but would love to.  I have a Norwegian and German background, so some are influenced from that presence.
I especially love the Italian culture (I take Italian in school!), so eventually I would love to make homemade pasta, pasta sauce, and to come are biscotti and meatballs!
Also to come are French croissants, more pies, and cake.

What family recipes do you cherish making or eating every year for a specific holiday, or just in general?  I don't eat many interesting foods (I've never even tried hummus!), so I'd like to learn and bake/make! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment