Saturday, March 8, 2014

Another Week on Being Me

Hi everyone!  No recipe today, honestly because I have had no time or brain-power to make any-- I have one more draft left for tomorrow, as of right now.
This week was the first time that I felt that I literally had no time to finish anything.  Getting up at 5:30am everyday, then going to school from 7am to at least 5pm is not exactly ideal.  Of course, the week starts off great, but I get more and more tired as it drags on.  Tired mentally and emotionally, rather than physically.  It's honestly overwhelming sometimes how many people I have to encounter daily.
School isn't really the issue-- I love learning.  The only thing I have always disliked about school is that you do work in class, but then you have more work to do outside of class-- overkill.
I also hate how I think sometimes (and at other times, I love it).  The second I get work to do, I get it done.  I am the absolute opposite of a procrastinator.  I am an immediator.  Yes, I did just make that word up, but its all I can think of to describe myself.  The minute I get more work to do, I work on it ASAP until its completely done.  Quality is irrelevant, time is the only relevancy.  Don't ask me why; it's just the way I work.
I gained 4.6 pounds this week (I weigh-in on Saturday mornings).  Everything I eat, no matter how little or much, is immediately added onto my body.  Especially in this time, when I'm not working out much, I have to be excruciatingly mindful.  It is hard-- the only thing I want to do at the end of the day is eat 5 cookies and a jar of Nutella, but I know I absolutely cannot-- not if I don't want to gain another 3 pounds.
I can't wait till this spell of winter is over and I can go on walks around the neighborhood with my mom and my dog again.  The best part is talking about everything-- it's the best therapy.  Especially with my senior year coming next year (AKA stress), I can't wait to walk and to run, run, run around my neighborhood.   The best time to run is alone, with great music, as the sun is rising.  Nature is the ultimate solace, as is solitude.
The resolution of not eating sugar during the week was definitely broken this week.  Of course, I reinstate it today, like I will every week it occurs, but I must remember where I've been and why I'm doing this.  This isn't for me, but for the people that come after me.  Yes, I am talking about future generations.... Deep, right?  Well, that's how I think.  All the time.  Welcome to my life.
We need to set an example.  Only hard work will get you what you need or what you [think you] want in life.  Opinions change, but facts stay firm.
Well, I'll stop going all philosopher on you. :)  Thank you so much for checking out my blog.  It means a lot to me that I can touch people's lives, if only through recipes or advice.
My piece of advice for this week: Take a look back and see the beauty in every situation that faces you.  You may be surprised at how beautiful every part of life can be if you only look at it that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment